From this...to This!
The most difficult part for me was to clear everything out of the space. Luckily, I keep things sorted into baskets and storage cubes according to media (Paper, watercolor, oil, student supplies, etc) so that did speed things up a little.
I'm glad we did (OK, "WE" is a loose term) the lighting first because it made the room so bright. Then it was on to the flooring (which I DID participate in). It was so nice to have all that clear space! In moving the furniture back into place, I eliminated a large storage cabinet. I made a decision that instead of buying more bins and baskets, I would just KEEP LESS STUFF! I had already thinned out a good bit, but I am dedicated to simplifying the whole space, keeping only the supplies I use most. (I'm POSITIVE there is a life lesson here!) I plan to donate the supplies so that they will not be just sitting here wasting. I know I was fortunate growing up to have someone give me a box of their old supplies, giving me an opportunity to experiment and learn that I would not have had otherwise. (THANK YOU, Mrs. Violet Secret)
The flooring is a nice vinyl laminate, waterproof and easy to clean, great for covering the concrete. So far, the only complaint is from the dog, who is concerned that I haven't moved her bed back into place.
Since apparently we are going to have 6 more weeks of winter, I will have plenty of time to enjoy my cubby and develop a new routine of daily painting. I think it is a good habit to occasionally "Clear out th Cobwebs" and start over with a new outlook and commitment to make a positive change.... (Another life lesson, and well heeded.)
2/2/2014 10:33:45 pm
Jeannine - that looks so wonderful! I'm very jealous of that big beautiful light above your painting desk! And the flooring really makes it an inviting area...
Leave a Reply.
I think it is important to share our process with others, just as we gain from watching other artists work.